timeline
 
October  1906
1905-1935
February 1907
February 1910
March  1912
 
May  1936
May 1936-February 1942
August 1942-December 1957
April 1942
May  1958
  1958
 1960
July 1965:
 
 1965
 
 1966
March 29, 1970
 1973
 1974
 
 1975
 1978
Easter Sunday, 1979
1980
1980
1981
 
1987
1988
1988
1991
January, 1997
1997
 
November 1998
April 1999
1999
 
1999
 
January 2000
November 2000
 
September 2001:
November 2002
 
 2003
January 2004
February 2004
 
 2004
April 2005
March 2006
 
July 2006
 
April 2008
July 2009
September 2010
 
October 2010
 
May 2011
September 2012
November 2013
The church was founded by Reverend James L. Jasper
Reverend James L. Jasper was the first Pastor
The church moved into its own one story building
The church building was destroyed by fire
A second church building was constructed where services were held until 1958
Reverend Reuben Hall became interim Pastor
Reverend Burnett Brooks served as Pastor
Reverend James Pair became the fourth Pastor
The Sunday School Choir was established
Reverend Perry A. Smith, III became the fifth Pastor
Junior Carol Choir (later renamed the Sunbeam Choir) was established
Young People’s Choir was established
Groundbreaking began for a new church building; however actual construction did not begin until 1969
Church services were held at North Brentwood Elementary School for four years until construction was completed on the new church
Rev. Booker T. Hughes accepted the position as Assistant to the Pastor
Easter Sunday, services were held at the new church edifice
Outreach was established as the official monthly newspaper
Saturday Church School and Enrichment Program was begun; Mrs. Evelyn Hughes served as director for many years
Male Choral Ensemble was organized
Death of Williston Hobbs long-time Minister of Music
Pulpit assistant Edwin R. James accepted the call to the ministry
Janet Caldwell assumed the position of Minister of Music after Harding Epps
Deaconesses participated in serving the Holy Communion for the first time
First Baptist purchased a home in Eldersburg, Maryland to be used as a retreat and reflection center
Mass Choir was organized by combining the Chapel and Concert Choirs
Reverend Edwin R. James ordained by First Baptist Church
Christian Counseling Center was established
Reverend Edwin R. James appointed as first full-time Assistant to the Pastor
Deacon Board became one board consisting of male and female Deacons
First Baptist Church purchases the properties near the church as an economic empowerment initiative
Reverend Keith Byrd was licensed to preach
First Baptist licensed three female disciples to preach: Reverends Tomeatha Branch, Janet Caldwell, and Diana Jackson
Reverend Keith Byrd appointed as first full-time Executive Assistant to the Pastor
Reverend Bonita Babb joined the ministerial staff
Deacon Rita Franklin began serving as the first female chairman of the Deacon Board
Reverend Sharon Jones is licensed to preach
Disciples Orientation program instituted for new members of First Baptist Church
Reverends Keith Byrd, Janet Caldwell and Diana Jackson are ordained
Reverend James Boney is licensed to preach
Reverend Janet Caldwell appointed as first full-time Assistant to the Pastor for Christian Education
Groundbreaking and construction began for a new church building
Reverend Abunuwas David is licensed to preach
The First Baptist Church, Inc., North Brentwood relocated to and dedicated its new facility
Reverend Diana Jackson-Lovett appointed as the second Assistant to the Pastor for Christian Education
First Baptist Church celebrates its 100th Anniversary
Reverend James Boney is ordained
Reverend Perry A. Smith, III submits his letter of retirement after 51 years of service
Reverend Perry A. Smith, III retires; Reverend Janet Caldwell became interim Pastor
Reverend Duane T. Kay serves as Senior Pastor-Elect
Reverend Dr. Duane T. Kay became the sixth and present Pastor
Missions Blitz was established – a day of community service
Minister Kimberli Meadows and Minister Andre Temoney are
licensed to preach