FBC strives to become a church that fully believes and trusts in God through Jesus Christ. We seek to serve God through effective ministry to the physical, spiritual, intellectual and cultural needs of those within and outside the church.
FBC’s mission is to share our love of Jesus Christ with a world in need. We endeavor to make Christ known to all by spreading the Gospel of love, redemption, salvation and grace so that through him all might become new creatures.
The First Baptist Church, Inc. of North Brentwood, Maryland was not a church in the physical sense at all, but rather a vision of Reverend James L. Jasper. First Baptist held services on a vacant lot donated in 1905 to the first Black township in Prince George’s County by W.A. Bartlett, the Captain of a Colored Civil War Regiment. Under the direction of the Holy Spirit and the need for a community-based church, Reverend Jasper established the Church with 19 members in October 1906. Services moved indoors to the home of Mr. and Mrs. Holmes until the church body could move into its first home in 1907, a one story building.
First Baptist is truly blessed to celebrate 110 years of service. Under divine leadership, faithful pastors, and committed disciples, the church has always provided a spiritual atmosphere for all to worship and serve. We welcome with open arms, all who cross the threshold living up to our unofficial motto that “We are all one family under God”.
In 1994, the church began purchasing property adjacent to its location on Wallace Road, in anticipation of constructing a new building. Following some delays, construction began on the site in February 2004. Nearly 100 years after the church was first organized in the community, The First Baptist Church, Inc., North Brentwood, Maryland relocated to its new facility on Sunday April 17, 2005.